About Amazon Pay: Online Payment Service
Amazon Pay lets you use the payment methods that you already use on Amazon.com to pay for goods and services on third-party websites wherever Amazon Pay is accepted.
You can make secure purchases from third-party (i.e. non-Amazon) websites that accept Amazon Pay, without having to re-enter your payment information.Making a purchase using Amazon Pay costs you nothing. Amazon Pay keeps your financial information private from sellers, and you are not required to disclose your financial information stored in your Amazon.com account when you make a purchase.
If you already have an Amazon.com account, Amazon Pay is automatically activated when you accept the Amazon Pay User Agreement and make your first payment on any third-party website that accepts Amazon Pay. You can use any of the credit cards associated with your Amazon.com account right away.
Using Amazon Pay
Amazon Pay is a service that lets you use the payment methods already associated with your Amazon account to make payments for goods or services on third-party websites.
When you see the Amazon Pay button on a third-party website or in an app, you can use the Amazon Pay service to:
1. Sign in using your Amazon account credentials.
2. Accept the Customer Agreement on first use when prompted.
3. Complete your purchase.
Tip: Make sure you have updated your browser's settings to allow third-party cookies. Your browser might refer to these as a privacy setting, preference, or option.
If you have an Amazon account, you can already shop on non-Amazon websites and in apps that accept Amazon Pay. There is no separate registration process, and purchasing is easy:
1. Look for the Amazon Pay button on a merchant website or in an app.
2. Use your Amazon credentials (your email address and Amazon password) when you are asked to sign in and accept our Customer Agreement.
3. Choose a payment method from your Amazon account to complete the payment and easily complete the checkout process.
Expect this when using Amazon Pay
- To make a payment, you can use any credit or debit card on file in your Amazon.com account, including your Amazon.com Store Card.
- After your purchase, expect to receive an email from Amazon Pay notifying you that the payment has been authorized and a second email confirming the purchase.
- The merchant will send you an invoice in email.
Don't expect this when using Amazon Pay
- When making a payment, you cannot use an Amazon.com Gift Card for purchases directly with third-party merchants. A third-party website or seller that suggests payment using an Amazon.com Gift Card is not a legitimate Amazon Pay merchant.
- You will never receive an invoice from Amazon Pay asking for payment using Amazon.com Gift Cards.